Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Champ is Back - Momofuku Spicy Cold Noodles - Recipe

So I'm back! Its been way too long, I know, but I got lazy. I bought a new Canon 60D so thought I'd change up the flavour of the blog a little bit, add my two cents on some issues and share my photos and travel experiences (the few that I have). Anyways, todays recipe is a new favourite of mine.. Spicy cold noodles w/sausage, spinach and honey roasted almonds. If you've ever been to Momofuku in NYC, this might look a little familiar. Well that's because it is. This time I used arugula and honey roasted peanuts because of availability, but in the past having used the spinach and almonds, it makes a bit of difference.. And yes I am aware that my recent posts have all been of the Asian variety.. Its because I only seem to take pictures during this.. .I assure you though that I have a wide meal palette. To the recipe we go!!

Sauce:
2 tablespoons vegetable Oil
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons rice vineger
2 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon sirachi (or more/less if you like a little extra/less heat)
1 teaspoon hoison sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Ingredients:
1 - link of sausage
200G - udon noodles
handful of spinach
1/2 cup - honey roasted almonds (again add more if you'd like)


Steps:
1) Cook the udon as prescribed on the package. Rinse with cold water several times until the noodles become cook. Set aside.

2) Make the sauce by adding the ingredients above. Mix well and pour over the noodles, stiring well to coat. Put in the fridge to cool down.

3) Cook sausage on the frying pan until done.

4) Take the noodles out of the fridge and plate by adding the cooked sausage, spinach leaves and honey roasted almonds.



That's it! A simple dish and oh so tasty! If those pictures don't make you hungry, go see a doctor immediately, there is something wrong with you..

Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be glad to clarify.

Happy Living!

No comments:

Post a Comment